The Communications Advisor oversees and executes Third Way’s email marketing strategy and supports the entire organization by maintaining Third Way’s customer database, preparing and managing contact lists and relationship tracking, and reporting ongoing analytics and metrics to the entire organization. This high-impact position, reporting to the Deputy Director of Communication, ensures that timely, compelling information and ideas reach the right audience to advance our policy and campaign goals.
The successful candidate considers the needs of our audience, can recommend creative ways to engage our subscribers, and is digging into our metrics and learning about industry best practices to discover what is effective and integrate those tactics into our strategy.
The Communications Advisor will manage Third Way’s customer relationship management (CRM) database and the integration of email marketing, event management, and website platforms.
As the Communications Advisor, a typical day might include…
- Daily meeting with the Communications Team;
- Drafting short and persuasive emails to share new articles and analyses with top-tier political audiences;
- Setting up registration information for upcoming events;
- Meeting with policy teams to determine the appropriate audience for new policy reports and creating lists for those audiences;
- Tracking email performance and suggesting ideas that can continue a steady pattern of outreach to particular audiences; and
- Preparing quarterly reports to communicate insights from email and social media metrics that could inform our strategies and processes going forward.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have a degree in Marketing or Communications;
- Have 2-5 years of experience in email marketing;
- Can think strategically about new opportunities to use email to develop relationships and engage core audiences;
- Are excited to build expertise in email and database best practices including contact strategies, design, A/B testing, deliverability, list segmentation, and analytics/performance management;
- Pay very close attention to details and take pride in your work;
- Are constantly looking for cutting edge and impactful digital communications tactics;
- Communicate clearly in writing and verbally;
- Are passionate about progressive politics;
- Enjoy learning new techniques to use email and database best practices to advance Third Way’s campaigns;
- Understand what the data tells us about how our audience is interacting with our ideas and communications;
- Can work across teams to share insights about the impact of their work and how we can improve in the future; and
- Want to make a difference and an impact as Third Way’s newest Communications Advisor.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.