Development & External Affairs Coordinator
Third Way is seeking a Development & External Affairs (DEA) Coordinator to provide support to execute high-impact campaigns that expand the reach of Third Way, promote fundraising activities, assist administratively, and perform essential research.
As the DEA Coordinator, a typical day might include...
- Planning and executing a steady stream of events and briefings with Members of Congress and key influencers -- including logistics management, coordinating with participants, audience engagement and follow-up;
- Drafting briefing documents for donor and campaign-related engagements;
- Coordinating with internal policy teams on upcoming products and the production calendar;
- Managing the day-to-day logistics of the DEA team’s outreach, including scheduling with outside partners, internal planning meetings, tracking financial metrics and preparing expense reports;
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of the team's intern and intern hiring process; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills;
- Have an ability to thrive working under short deadlines and can deliver in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects with competing priorities and various stakeholders;
- Understand how to exercise diplomacy and professionalism when communicating with external contacts and staff and maintain a high level of discretion; and,
- Have an undergraduate degree in a relevant field or exceptionally relevant work experience.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Respectful: People who embrace the diverse perspectives of every person and foster the values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness at all times.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.