Development & External Affairs Internship
Third Way is a national think tank that develops and champions modern, center-left ideas.
Third Way’s Development and External Affairs team is looking for an outgoing undergraduate or graduate student to assist the organization with the development and maintenance of strategic relationships with its external partners. In this position you will be working on a small team and interacting with all policy programs within the organization. Additionally, you will be given the opportunity to develop a long-term project and participate in career seminars with senior staff.
- Research & Writing: The Development and External Affairs intern drafts heavily researched briefing materials on specific policy issues, as well as potential new partners for use by senior staff. Track and monitor relevant legislative and media activity.
- Events: The Development and External Affairs intern assists with the set-up and execution of Third Way events with the Administration, Members of Congress, and other partner organizations. Additionally, the Development and External Affairs intern will have the opportunity to attend relevant events, hearings, and briefings.
- Administrative: The Development and External Affairs intern will play a vital role in event tracking, acknowledgement letters, and general maintenance of the department’s records and database management.
- Candidates must be a current college student, a college graduate, or a graduate student with an interest in and knowledge of public policy, national politics, communications, and public affairs. A passion for moderate politics in addition to prior relevant internship experience is strongly preferred.
- Writing and Organizational Skills: The Development and External Affairs intern be responsible for developing written materials and conducting analytical research for senior Third Way staff and Hill offices, requiring extreme attention to detail, consistency, and the ability to communicate effectively. Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability of meeting strict deadlines is critical.
- Event Management and Communications Skills: The Development and External Affairs intern will provide support at Third Way events and must be an enthusiastic representative of the organization, possessing strong interpersonal skills. Experience in planning and working events is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Interns work part-time and are paid $15.00/hour. You may apply for the following sessions: Fall (September – December), Spring (January – April), or Summer (May – August)
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.