Third Way is seeking an Executive Coordinator to directly support three members of Third Way’s management team with administrative/logistical responsibilities as well as communications and social media. This person will work extremely closely with the organization’s Social Policy & Politics Program and the Economic Program.
As the Executive Coordinator, a typical day might include…
- Managing scheduling, calendars, meeting set-up, and logistics as well as ensuring appropriate follow-up after events;
- Helping to draft and coordinate content for program social media handles and expand their reach by building and maintaining Twitter lists of journalists and influential people in specific policy areas;
- Coordinating travel arrangements (including preparing travel authorizations, travel advance requests, travel reimbursements, booking transportation and lodging, and travel preparation);
- Providing background research in preparation for meetings and events;
- Preparing expense reports and processing bills and invoices;
- Tracking and documenting program-wide impact and press mentions;
- Planning and executing the logistics of events on and off Capitol Hill, including by working directly with vendors; and
- Proofreading public documents, op-eds, and press releases.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and experience managing administrative tasks;
- Have experience supporting an organization’s social media or digital communications;
- Possess excellent communication, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Are able to work under short deadlines and deliver in a fast-paced environment;
- Are able to juggle multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously; and
- Have impeccable attention to detail and proofreading skills.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
Self-starters : People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
Collaborators : People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
Creators : People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
Results-oriented : People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.