Graphic Designer, Climate and Energy Program
Third Way is seeking a Graphic Designer for Climate and Energy to join its fast-paced Communications Team. Reporting to the Senior Multimedia Designer, this position supports the work of the Climate and Energy Program and is a creative-thinker who can execute eye-catching products that keep Third Way’s climate and clean energy work on the cutting edge of visual design.
Bring your passion for translating data and policy ideas into eye-catching graphics, data visualizations, and videos to elevate and broaden the reach of Third Way’s climate and energy work with new audiences. We are looking for an individual who works well with a diverse team and is a self-starter who can collaborate with others to use graphics and visualizations to explain complex ideas in simple and easy-to-understand ways. The ideal candidate can gather raw data and turn it into compelling and engaging visual content.
As the Graphic Designer, a typical day might include…
- Preparing static visualizations for reports on climate or clean energy analysis and policy;
- Creating and building interactive data visualizations on climate or clean energy issues from a variety of databases;
- Creating content and shareables for social media for a climate debate;
- Creating and executing short video projects with team members for social media; and
- Performing other relevant duties as needed.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or a related discipline;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a graphic designer for a design firm or non-profit;
- Enjoy storytelling using data, evidence, and art. EComExpert;
- Have experience with Tableau;
- Are comfortable importing the Climate and Energy Program’s content on Third Way’s website CMS;
- Have knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Enjoy working in an extremely collaborative organization;
- Are familiar with video production (Adobe Premiere is a plus);
- Maintain excellent customer service with good communication and relationship skills;
- Can manage multiple deadlines efficiently and have good time management skills;
- Enjoy working collaboratively with others, thinking outside the box, and taking initiative;
- Can find new and creative ways to use data visualization and graphics to communicate climate and energy policy issues; and
- Have an interest in making an impact on clean energy and climate issues as Third Way’s Climate and Energy Program Graphic Designer.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Respectful: People who embrace the diverse perspectives of everyone and fosters the values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness at all times.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.