Health Policy Advisor
Third Way’s Economic Program is committed to working with policymakers to develop and advance a modern opportunity agenda. A key part of this work is devising solutions to get to universal coverage as well as drastically reducing health care costs. Third Way is seeking a Health Policy Advisor to unpack and analyze trends in health care, convey this information to an informed audience through written and digital content, and collaborate internally and with external partners to advocate for and advance policy ideas that reduce costs and expand coverage.
As the Health Policy Advisor, a typical day might include…
- Building and maintaining relationships with key external influencers, such as policymakers and their staff, industry leaders, academics, nonprofit advocates, and others in order to advance Third Way’s ideas;
- Conducting research and authoring high-impact op-eds, memos, reports, and presentations in order to illuminate how various aspects of the US health care system works;
- Developing original and compelling policy briefs that offer new and modern ideas to expand coverage and reduce costs;
- Monitoring media, government reports, NGOs, and academia to stay informed on select health policy issues; and
- Working with other Third Way staff and partners to plan and execute events and stakeholder engagement activities to further our mission.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have a minimum of two to five years of experience working on health policy in government, as a journalist, at a research institution, or in the private sector;
- Have an undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant field;
- Have an understanding of the health care system and major players that drive the politics within that realm;
- Communicate clearly in writing on a wide range of health issues;
- Have experience working for or interacting with policymakers;
- Enjoy working collaboratively with others;
- Can effectively analyze and present information on the health care sector; and
- Think on your feet and adapt to change effortlessly.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions; and
Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.