Third Way is seeking a Press Advisor to focus on state and regional media. The purpose is to elevate and expand Third Way’s media reach outside of DC and NY. This person will conduct initial outreach to—and maintain Third Way relationships with—reporters, columnists, and editorial boards at leading state and regional publications. The aim is to maximize the impact of key Third Way products and experts in the media. The Press Advisor reports to the Senior Media Relations Manager. Knowledge of policy and politics are important, but determination and enthusiasm to secure regional and state based media coverage is a must. We are looking for an individual who is an avid consumer of political news, can pitch and secure placement for our products, and build press relationships for our experts.
As the Press Advisor, a typical day might include...
- Implementing strategies to maximize Third Way’s presence in state and regional outlets;
- Coordinating and executing press logistics for Third Way product distributions to state and regional press;
- Maintaining and update comprehensive press lists;
- Managing media inquiries, identify media opportunities, and track coverage of Third Way in the news; and,
- Perform other relevant duties as needed.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Enjoy working collaboratively with others
- Think creatively and outside the box
- Excel in a fast-paced organization with a small results-driven team
- Have a strong ability to identify relevant opportunities for outreach
- Are able to develop smart pitches, stories and media materials
- Understand how Washington operates, major policy debates and their impact on the policy community, and how press throughout the country may cover it
- Highly attentive to details and have strong writing skills
- Have an ability to coordinate multiple projects and work well under deadlines
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.