Professional Development Coordinator
Third Way is seeking a Professional Development Coordinator (PD) to support and contribute to the organization’s professional development program. The PD Coordinator reports to and serves as a thought partner to the Deputy Director of Strategy and Leadership Development. The PD Coordinator will partner with other departments and programs to support Third Way’s professional development initiatives.
As the PD Coordinator, a typical day might include…
- Managing the day-to day operations of scheduling trainings and calendar management
- Partnering with the Deputy Director to ensure that targeted goals and deadlines are met
- Serving as the liaison and point of contact for external vendors and trainers
- Managing and maintaining the PD operating budget
- Overseeing the logistics for internal and external events including: booking venues, scheduling rooms, setting-up and breaking-down events, and ordering educational materials
- Documenting professional development procedures and maintaining training records (i.e. training outlines, registration procedures, internal documents, project plans, and evaluations etc.)
- Overseeing and supporting Third Way’s Fellowship Program including: scheduling, coordinating recruitment efforts, corresponding with applicants, and promoting the program
- Drafting and editing guides for the Third Way’s Thinking Toolkit
Professional Development Support
- Strategizing with the Deputy Director to assess the professional development needs of the organization and make suitable recommendations
- Surveying staff to assess training needs
- Researching, recommending, and implementing new trends and best practices related to professional development training ideas
- Consistently evaluating professional development training progress and effectiveness
- Assisting the Deputy Director with planning and executing Third Way’s Annual Staff Retreat and Management Retreat
- Overseeing and coordinating Third Way’s Lunch n Learn events
- Partnering with others to design and market compelling training materials
This might be the job for you, if you
- Enjoy working collaboratively with others
- Think creatively and outside the box
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, diverse organization with a results-driven team
- Welcome opportunities to learn, grow, and manage up
- Are proficient with using Microsoft Office Suite
- Have a proactive and can do attitude
- Are curious and imaginative
- Have high attention to detail and strong written/verbal skills
- Have hands on experience coordinating events and logistical planning
- Have advanced organizational and time management skills
Disclaimer: This is not an segue to public policy work
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.